Mathematical Methods of Image and Pattern Analysis
Please ask any questions that might be of general interest in the feedback forum instead of by mail.
Please go to Moodle for further information and the teaching material.
- Lectures: Prof. Christoph Schnörr
- Exercises: Alexander Zeilmann
- Extensive lecture notes that you read on your own.
- Short videos that explain each subtopic from a top-down viewpoint. This is not a replacement for reading the lecture notes.
- Exercise sheets you work on your own and compare with our solution videos
- Mulitple Choice tests
- A feedback forum in Moodle where students can give feedback and ask questions.
- No meeting in HeiConf, etc.
- No in-person lecture
- Language: English
- SWS: 4
- ECTS: 6
- Lecture Id: MM35, Spezialisierungsmodul Numerik und Optimierung
- Supplementary Practical: For doing Programming Exercises in May, June and July you get two extra credits (this might depend on your field of study.)
- Feedback: We have a feedback forum in Moodle for all questions related to the mathematical content and the organization of the course.
- Prior Knowledge: Required: Lineare Algebra and Analysis, Recommended: Convex and Nonlinear Optimization
- Content: Discrete and Continuous Fourier Transformations, FIR Filter, Reproducing Kernel Hilbert Spaces, Markov Random Fields, Gaussian Markov Random Fields, Exponential Family, Elementary Differential Geometry